SAN NUMBER INSTRUCTIONS
How to Register for a SAN Number
Download a free step-by-step guide to obtaining a Subscription Account Number or follow the instructions below.
- Go to https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/.
- Click Register New User.
- Scroll down and fill out Organization Information. Under “Organization Function” most companies should select “Seller”. If your organization is a non-profit group or provides telemarketing for others, a different “Organization Function” may apply. For details visit: https://telemarketing.donotcall.gov/Entity.aspx.
- Click Submit. You will receive an email with your Organization ID Number and Password. Save this information.
- Click on the link in the email to confirm your e-mail address is correct.
- Click on “Manage/Renew Subscriptions”.
- Type in your Organization ID and Password in the appropriate fields, check “Representative”, and click Login. Note – make sure dashes are included in the Organization ID and upper and lower case is used as it is in the Password.
- Click on the Back button located at the bottom.
- Click “Order Area Codes For Your Current Subscription”.
- In the Subscribe to Area Codes field click “Area Codes by Area Code Number”.
- Click “Sort by Area Code” and select the appropriate Area Codes.
- Once Area Codes are selected, click Continue.
- Verify the selected Area Codes, then click Continue.
- Click “View Area Code”. Here you will be able to view your SAN Number and Expiration Date. Print and Save this information – Registration Complete. Note: it may take an hour or so for your new SAN number to be activated.