Seven Holiday Shopping Trends in 2016
Everyone looks for unique ways to advertise their business during the holiday season. What many businesses fail to research are the holiday shopping trends that could help them target new customers. Stop stressing! Here are seven noteworthy holiday shopping statistics in 2016.
- Half of holiday shoppers surveyed by Deloitte revealed they’d be skipping the crowds and shopping online this holiday season.
- According to Social Annex, in 2015 43% of mobile shoppers in consumer electronics have purchased products on their phones while looking at those products in-store.
- 4 in 10 purchases are made using only an online channel for searching and buying according to a UPS Pulse of the Online Shopper.
- 1 in 5 holiday shoppers made a purchase after opening a retailer’s email on their mobile device according to a UPS Pulse of the Online Shopper.
- According to eMarketer forecasts, while overall holiday retail sales are on track to see a gain of 3.3% compared to the same period last year, holiday retail ecommerce sales are expected to reach $94.71 billion and account for 10.7% of total retail sales.
- According to the Ipsos and Magnetic post-holiday survey, 70% of people learned of holiday promotions through email, 64% from searching online, 56% through online ads, and 38% from social networks.
- According to Big Data Labs, peak times for online holiday shopping in 2015 were between 9-10 PM.
As you can see from these statistics, holiday shopping is huge for retailers and businesses just like yours–and getting the attention of customers through online means is crucial. If you’re unsure of how to market yourself online (or haven’t gotten the results you’ve hoped for from an online campaign) it’s time to call the experts at InfoUSA. We offer an array of online and printed marketing solutions including:
- Business and Consumer Data: Let us pull together a targeted list of prospects for your next marketing campaign. Don’t forget, you can also download a list of business emails.
- Search Engine Marketing: Our experts will create and manage an ad for your business through the Google, Yahoo!™, or Bing networks. Don’t forget, InfoUSA is a Google Premier Partner.
- Online Display Advertising: Put your message in front of your best prospects on websites they frequently visit. Our experts can help you design your ad, target the best audience for your ads, and manage your account.
You can also combine multiple marketing channels for an all-encompassing campaign that will reach your prospects no matter where they’re searching for deals this holiday season. Call us today at 866.313.8192 to learn more.